Last Updated: Friday, December 21, 2018

Two Female Boxers Win Gold

Two female boxers, both students at North Lindsey College, win Gold at the first ever Winter Box Cup in Manchester.

The Level 3 Sport and Exercise students competed against other nationals including Italy, Ireland and Lithuania to claim their England Women’s Winter Box Cup victories in Manchester.

Both students were placed in categories based on their abilities with Gemma Richardson (17) already holding the title of ‘England International Boxer’.

Gemma said “When I am getting into the ring I feel the adrenalin is going and it takes over. There is also the added pressure to win as she is already has the title of Youth World Champion. 

“I am trying to get into the Olympics and that is when I will feel that I have really made it as a female boxer.”

After this successful competition, Gemma is going to Portugal to train with other countries and continue to take her boxing career further. Gemma is hoping to do the Europeans again next year and get into the team GB and fight at the Olympics as well as continue with her studies at North Lindsey College.

Wanessa Orczyk (17) Youth Boxer said she had a tough fight, “It It’s been a good experience taking part and I felt confident and ready to fight.  I prepared seriously for six weeks for the competition by training two times a day, running and boxing with more intense training towards the fight.”  Wanesa is now wanting to make it onto the Polish national team as well as continuing with her studies also.

TOP