Careers & Guidance Information
The North Lindsey College Careers Team are qualified Careers Guidance staff and they are able to offer impartial and confidential advice and guidance
What information, advice and guidance do you need to help you make your career choice?
Our careers guidance team are here to help, email email@example.com or call 01724 294614, 01724 709223 or 01724 709224.
Information available includes careers guidance, College course advice, financial support information, transport information, admissions process guidance, student support, library facilities, student moodle access, student kloodle support, employability skills, progress and achievement coaches support, careers coach website access, employer events, student work experience, employability weeks.
What you can expect while studying at North Lindsey college?
- A stable Careers Programme with a wide range of activities spread over the year.
- Information from Careers and Labour Markets.
- Careers guidance tailored to your individual needs.
- Your course will be linked to career opportunities.
- Regular engagement with employers and employees.
- Work experience placements.
- Trips, visits and activities that will help you decide ‘what next?’ eg Higher Education, Apprenticeships etc.
- The opportunity to have a guidance interview with a Level 6 qualified Careers Adviser.
About the Team
Led by Pete Langford, our team of professionally qualified Careers Advisers offer an impartial and confidential advice and guidance service to potential and current North Lindsey College students of all ages. Whether you want to improve your job prospects, plan a route to university, or discover a new career path, you might need a bit of help to ensure you are moving in the right direction. Our team of Careers Advisers can support you through the decision making process, help you to understand your needs and explore opportunities on offer to enable you to make a choice that works for you.
Career Coach is our online platform that tells current and prospective students key information about the careers that they are interested in. This information is linked directly to our courses, so that you can search for your dream career and then see which of our courses will help get you one step closer to achieving your goal. Career Coach is free for everyone to use, just click here and sign-up/log-in!
What’s your next step after this year at school or College?
North Lindsey College Customer Services team which includes the Careers Guidance Team, Admissions Team, Student Finance Team and Customer Services Team has matrix accreditation. This is a quality kitemark which ensure the information, advice and guidance is delivered to a national standard. The Careers Guidance Team team deliver information, advice & guidance (IAG) to all students, potential students, school pupils, employers and other individuals who need support and information.
The matrix Standard is a unique quality standard for organisations to assess and measure their advice and support services, which ultimately supports individuals in their choice of career, learning, work and life goals.
Information, Advice and Guidance:
- To be eligible for this free service you must usually either be considering attending a programme of study at North Lindsey College or be a current student of North Lindsey College
Our Information, Advice, Guidance and Support is:
- Offered in a confidential setting where necessary
- Impartial, objective and unbiased
We provide Information, Advice, Guidance and Support from staff who:
- Ensure we respond within 2 working days when requests for support are made
- Treat you with respect
- Are trained and qualified through continuous professional development
- Are aware of developments in education, training and employment and can advise you appropriately
- Are part of local networks of experts who work together to ensure that you receive the best possible help
- Will feedback information about your needs to relevant North Lindsey college staff and other providers of opportunities when agreed
- Will refer you to alternative providers and/or sources of help where appropriate
- Will provide you, where appropriate, with a copy of the Guidance Referral/Intervention form
- Will offer you the chance to comment on the quality of the service that you have received and welcomes your suggestions for improvement
- Provide access to a suggestions and complaints procedure. For further information, request a copy of the Complaints Procedure from Customers Services
The Information, Advice and Guidance may include:
- Information about a range of education, training and employment opportunities available
- Information about a range of career routes options and how to access information to help make choices
- Information about progression routes and opportunities
- Access to a range of resources accessible to individuals including online resources
- Access to specialist local help for vulnerable young people and those with additional needs
- Support with action planning to help take the next step
- Support with choosing, applying and enrolling for courses
- Referral to specialist advice on financial support to help you at College
- Referral to internal and external sources of additional support
- Referral to independent careers advice
The Careers Team fulfil a liaison role within local schools and are available to support all year 11 pupils through individual appointments in school to provide all the information a young person may need. The team are also available at parents’ evenings, school events and application sessions. The team can help pupils of any age to start exploring career options.
If you are a school pupil, parent/carer, teacher or anyone supporting a young person and would like to contact the team please give us a call on 01724 294614 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Careers Advice in College
The careers team can help you decide your next step, whether this is employment, further education, higher education, voluntary work, traineeship/apprenticeship, changing courses or other options.
Guided College tours
The team are happy to show you round our amazing state-of-the art facilities. Contact the team to book.
Transferring from another college
If you are not happy at your current college or learning provider then the team will help you look at your options at North Lindsey College and help you with the application process to make sure your transfer is smooth.
The Team can offer
- One to one confidential interviews
- Individual drop in sessions
- Email guidance
- Telephone guidance
How to contact the team
Call us on 01724 294614
Send an email to email@example.com
Visit us at one of our drop-in sessions