Welcome to the Governance Area.
The Principal, Governors and Senior Management Team have established a clear vision for the college and a set of core values that reflect a commitment to high levels of achievement for all students - (Ofsted 2014).
Thank you for taking the time to visit us. On these pages you will find information about the Governors, details of committees and the minutes of meetings.
In addition to the main board, the Corporation has four committees or working parties, all of which report to the Corporate Body. They are:
- Search Committee
- Performance & Quality Committee
- Audit & Risk Committee
- Finance and General Purposes Committee
The Corporation also has representatives on the Kingsway Training Board of Directors, the Optime Support Ltd Board of Directors and on the Equality and Diversity Committee, Safeguarding Committee, Community Group and Health and Safety Committee. Most Corporation Members are involved with at least one of the committees.
The Corporation Board are responsible for:
- the determination and periodic review of the educational character and mission of the institution and for oversight of its activities;
- (aa) publishing arrangements for obtaining the views of staff and students on the determination and periodic review of the educational character and mission of the institution and the oversight of its activities.
- approving the quality strategy of the institution;
- the effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the institution and the Corporation and for safeguarding their assets
- approving the quality improvement strategy of the institution;
- approving annual estimates of income and expenditure;
- the appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of the pay and conditions of service of the holders of senior posts and the Clerk, including, where the Clerk is, or is to be appointed as, a member of staff, the Clerk's appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of pay in the capacity of a member of staff; and
- setting a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff.
- setting the tuition fee policy;
- health and safety;
- respect of the diversity of individuals and ensuring equality of opportunity for all.
For further information or communication with the Corporation Board Members, please contact the Clerk to the Corporation.
To apply for Corporation Board Membership please fill out the application form (PDF, 2.8MB) and return via email or post to the address below.
Jeannie Charles, Clerk To The Corporation
North Lindsey College
Tel: 01724 294008